Skip to main content

Not Much Ado

Its been awhile since our last post, and I humbly apologize for that! I haven't been able to just get it together! I always feel like Leo's fans deserve something special, not just a boring post about the mundane. So I usually wait until something inspiring, or something special happens. But sometimes, the specialness just doesn't seem to come, or at least I'm not recognizing it. The page stays empty in front of me. Then, inevitably, something else comes up, like a kiddo, or work, or..etc. No excuses really, though in my defense, it's amazing that this blog is a fairly coherent diary of Leo's first two years. It's one of the few things I've been able to faithfully keep up, and it certainly is the most I've ever written since college. Who ever would have thought that I've thought up, with Justin's occasional help, two years worth of thoughts about one little boy?
As I'm sure you know, when we started this blog, in Leo's little nook in the NICU, it was as purely functional way of letting our friends and family know the latest news without endlessly having to repeat our selves, or posting on facebook, where our sad story just didn't seem to fit in with the endless statues updates about daily minutia and/or random thoughts and weird pictures of cats.
I'm sure we never even dreamed that it would develop into such an collection of memories and impressions. We certainly never dreamed that so many of you would take our little lion under your prayer wings and keep such a faithful watch over him. How did he ever get so lucky?!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and since I don't have the words today, here are some pictures from the past couple weeks that should make up for my literary inadequacies!


Sister Bear showing Brother Bear the online advent calendar, which, by the way is pretty savvy! (check it out! http://www.jacquielawson.com/ )

Bet you've never seen a paci worn like this before....


Rocking it out, lil Lion style...! (In case you wondered what we do when it's cold in VT)

The "fail" holiday photo, which I still like for its accurate depiction of family members.
Herding all these kids up a hill is harder then herding horses...Leo again,  is recognizable by his ridiculous paci.

Lil Lion 




Comments

  1. Love all your pics. Lil Lion is looking so good! So very happy for all of you. Merry Christmas to your whole family and sending extra hugs to the little guy. Go Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you feel like you love someone you've never met? Thank you so much for sharing your family with the world, I'm always inspired by your words, and of course, by the strength, courage and joy of your little one. Special family you are. I feel blessed to know your family, even if it is through cyber space! :)
    Merry merry Christmas!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to hear about Leo and your family no matter what is going on, even if it's nothing much. Sometimes "nothing much" is just great. And I agree, Leo looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The School Bus As Metaphor

A school bus can mean all sorts of different things: dread, boredom, excitement, responsibility, change...it means something different to all of us. I was primarily homeschooled as a kid, and though I preferred that, there was still an element of desire and curiosity for me every time I saw a school bus when I was young.  I couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like to be part of the school bus world. Of course I didn't have to wonder about it for very long because I did, in many ways, have the ideal education. There was that time I took the winter off from school instead of summer to practice my extra curricular work which was...downhill skiing and snowboarding. Then there was the part-time jobs at the local farms that I was able to do because of my own set and very flexible school hours. To clarify, because it sounds like I didn't do any academics at all in the above two sentences, I did. Lots. Tons. But I did them efficiently and completely independently, e

With Mixed Feelings

So for the past couple weeks my feed has been filled with the "back to school" and "end of summer" and "beginning of parental freedom from their annoying offspring" photos. It's ok, I totally get it. Another year, another back to school pic, another notch in the door jamb, and another chapter of growth and development with junior. Look at him go! Or not, as the case may be for many children. According to the CDC (Centers for Disease control and Prevention) one in six children has one...a developmental disability. A stamp of "not normal" across their foreheads. A number. A check mark in a box. My kid is one of them. I heard a brief segment on NPR that enticingly started out with the title of developmental delays on the rise, a 17% increase over the last twelve years. And though I turned up the volume the segment only talked about how it's probably only due to poverty, and it's only the upper classes that actually pursue diagnosis

The Move

Leo Clement has moved, you guys! The blog is now being hosted by a different platform, and with some awesome new results. Come check it out! All future posts and updates can now be found at the  Little Lion's new digs. Hope to see you there!