Skip to main content

Home.


After about half a day of paper signing, talking with doctor after doctor, and making quite a collection of business cards, we were free to go. They did cut through a lot of bureaucracy, since in our case it's kinda redundant to make us watch the movie on SIDS and lying the baby flat etc. Plus they were forced to look the other way as Justin carried Leo out in his arms. (They have a policy that the baby needs to leave in a carseat.) Leo bent a whole lot of rules during his stay in the NICU. Nevertheless, I think the world of those doctors and nurses who really tried hard to help us in every way, and were sincerely compassionate and caring to us. Leo's PCP is even making a house call to us next week! Just like in the old days. Anyway, Leo loved his carbed, and Nika loved having company in the backseat. We overheard her telling him, "Don't worry little brother, I'm right beside you."
Our little family is complete now, and it feels very right to have him home. Though the long-term prognosis for Leo is very poor, he is were he belongs and as long as he is with us, we will treat every day as a gift. Dear sweet baby, we can't wait to show you how beautiful the world can be.

Comments

  1. Oh I'm so glad you could go home baby Leo! Your Mom & Dad and big sister, Nika, are very special people. Family is complete and, oh, how they are so glad you are part of their lives. Gos Bless You All, and know we are all here to help with love, support and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have already been showing Leo how beautiful the world is! Your love is incredible, and he has been showered with it all along. Your Faith is amazing, and he has been a part of that as well. I am so happy for you, I love you guys so much, and I continue to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are home! We are thinking of you and praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you multiple times a day. May you enjoy each precious moment with Leo. He is in good hands with you and His heavenly father watching over. Tears of joy to see his precious little face and see that he is home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a joy to read this post! Welcome home Leo. May God continue to bless all of you each day, as you bless all of us who witness the beauty of your faith and courage. Such love abounds!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The School Bus As Metaphor

A school bus can mean all sorts of different things: dread, boredom, excitement, responsibility, change...it means something different to all of us. I was primarily homeschooled as a kid, and though I preferred that, there was still an element of desire and curiosity for me every time I saw a school bus when I was young.  I couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like to be part of the school bus world. Of course I didn't have to wonder about it for very long because I did, in many ways, have the ideal education. There was that time I took the winter off from school instead of summer to practice my extra curricular work which was...downhill skiing and snowboarding. Then there was the part-time jobs at the local farms that I was able to do because of my own set and very flexible school hours. To clarify, because it sounds like I didn't do any academics at all in the above two sentences, I did. Lots. Tons. But I did them efficiently and completely independently, e

With Mixed Feelings

So for the past couple weeks my feed has been filled with the "back to school" and "end of summer" and "beginning of parental freedom from their annoying offspring" photos. It's ok, I totally get it. Another year, another back to school pic, another notch in the door jamb, and another chapter of growth and development with junior. Look at him go! Or not, as the case may be for many children. According to the CDC (Centers for Disease control and Prevention) one in six children has one...a developmental disability. A stamp of "not normal" across their foreheads. A number. A check mark in a box. My kid is one of them. I heard a brief segment on NPR that enticingly started out with the title of developmental delays on the rise, a 17% increase over the last twelve years. And though I turned up the volume the segment only talked about how it's probably only due to poverty, and it's only the upper classes that actually pursue diagnosis

The Move

Leo Clement has moved, you guys! The blog is now being hosted by a different platform, and with some awesome new results. Come check it out! All future posts and updates can now be found at the  Little Lion's new digs. Hope to see you there!