Skip to main content

It's Been Three Weeks...

since Leo's arrival, since he blew our minds.  We are starting to feel a turn of perspective.  The days and weeks we spent asking God to wake us up from a bad dream seem like ages ago.  Meanwhile the air is cooler and I don't remember when Fall decided to come.  Somewhere in the turn of events with Leo being home the seasons have turned too.  The weather seems more dramatic and restless.  Driving to work the landscape is not so settled as it is in Summer.  It is dying and forces unseen are at work on the trees the leaves and earth.  Forces unseen.  That is what all of this has felt like.  Our hearts pulled in multiple directions while a steady force rises.  Gotta hand it to Leo, he has altered our perception of what's expected.  Can't even watch the leaves change without listening to the stirrings in our hearts.  The power our kids can grip us with is profound.  Or is it the power of God?  Kids are miracles, a continuum of that possibility of God.  Leo brings it all in in fresh ways.  I am grateful to him.

Comments

  1. Those who love you are living this life with you. In this sense everything you do, all the small ways at work today, for example, are somehow some brand new gifts. What is the gift for? This is how souls are deepened, become capable of throwing longer, stronger lines to others. Carefulness becomes a given. Thanks for your thoughts.
    big bro fr c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faith in the Lord to bring you through ,to live each day giving it to him to decide what he will do.Following his plans while not even knowing is a testimony of your faith. A true love and sacrifice to the Lord you give in giving trust to him and believing in his plan, love,and mercies day by day .May the Lord continue to be Glorified through your sharing of challenges,and the love in your heart for Leo.
    Kari's Friend , Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The School Bus As Metaphor

A school bus can mean all sorts of different things: dread, boredom, excitement, responsibility, change...it means something different to all of us. I was primarily homeschooled as a kid, and though I preferred that, there was still an element of desire and curiosity for me every time I saw a school bus when I was young.  I couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like to be part of the school bus world. Of course I didn't have to wonder about it for very long because I did, in many ways, have the ideal education. There was that time I took the winter off from school instead of summer to practice my extra curricular work which was...downhill skiing and snowboarding. Then there was the part-time jobs at the local farms that I was able to do because of my own set and very flexible school hours. To clarify, because it sounds like I didn't do any academics at all in the above two sentences, I did. Lots. Tons. But I did them efficiently and completely independently, e

With Mixed Feelings

So for the past couple weeks my feed has been filled with the "back to school" and "end of summer" and "beginning of parental freedom from their annoying offspring" photos. It's ok, I totally get it. Another year, another back to school pic, another notch in the door jamb, and another chapter of growth and development with junior. Look at him go! Or not, as the case may be for many children. According to the CDC (Centers for Disease control and Prevention) one in six children has one...a developmental disability. A stamp of "not normal" across their foreheads. A number. A check mark in a box. My kid is one of them. I heard a brief segment on NPR that enticingly started out with the title of developmental delays on the rise, a 17% increase over the last twelve years. And though I turned up the volume the segment only talked about how it's probably only due to poverty, and it's only the upper classes that actually pursue diagnosis

The Move

Leo Clement has moved, you guys! The blog is now being hosted by a different platform, and with some awesome new results. Come check it out! All future posts and updates can now be found at the  Little Lion's new digs. Hope to see you there!